Wednesday 1 April 2009

Eggs eggs eggs!!!

Yesterday morning I followed my normal routine. Grace and I had a wee play then got up, watched some kids tv, had cereal and toast and a nice cup of coffee for me. Grace ended up wearing more coco pops than she ate and I had no hot water, so I rang mum and arranged to take her round there for a bath. I was going to my boss's leaving lunch and had just washed my hair so I rushed round getting it dried, letting the dog out, checking on the geckos. And I found this.....
I was so shocked and so excited! But then I started to panic a bit. I had all the bits for the incubator but it was not built and I didn't have a thermostat to control the temperature. So I very, VERY nervously lifted them into a box of damp vermiculite, packed the box into a bigger box with loads of styrofoam peanuts and seatbelted it onto the front seat of the car. I bundled Grace into her car seat and raced her round to mums for her bath. I then rushed to the pet shop in Carrick to see if he could incubate for me - he had no incubator!! On the pet shop man's advice I got a matstat to complete the incubator and raced back to the house to get it built. I built the incubator in 3 minutes flat then tore round to mums ans stashed the eggs in her airing cupboard to keep them warm.
I was running so late that I had to get mum to drop Grace to the child minder. I made it to work to pick up the girls just in time. We had a nice lunch out then I took the rest of the day off to come home and sort out the incubator.
It has taken most of today but I managed to get the temps to settle between 81f and 88f. They are still plump and a good colour, so hopefully they will turn out to be fertile and hatch soon

No comments:

Post a Comment