Tuesday 28 October 2008

Karma. Or should that be Korma....?

I have been on the hunt for a chest freezer for months now. I hate having to leave gorgeous food in the reduced to clear cabinet all for the want of somewhere to put it, or not being able to take full advantage of special offers etc. I finally tracked one down through posting a "wanted" ad on Gumtree last week. But when I emailed the man who offered me one (note he contacted me to offer one, I did not reply to a "for sale" advert) he emailed back to say he had sold it to someone else - he had placed a for sale advert too! I was really upset, as I had availed myself of two huge carrier bags of cooking apples from a colleagues garden to batch cook some crumbles - and now had no-where to store them!! I thought that was really rude - why contact me, offer it to me, speak to me on the phone to arrange collection, then sell to someone else??
So I put yet another plea on Freecycle for a freezer. Would you believe it, I got offered on within an hour! So I reckon that it was meant to be, as the freezer I'm picking up tomorrow is in better condition and is being given to me by a lady who also has a little girl called Grace - it must be good karma! And when I get my freezer it'll be the perfect place to put a good Korma too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment