Thursday 30 October 2008

A very busy day

I had planned to stay home for my whole two days off this week...HA! Fat chance!! Up and out to do some grocery shopping, in to Carrick to see what bargains the African Missions shop has. We did well, got most of our tinned goods, plus a few treats for the boy, for £11. Then we had a tootle around the charity shops. picked up a pair of winter gloves for the boy, a new audio book and a pair of mod-style shoes for me, and a beautiful pair of winter boots for Grace. They are from Ravel and still have the packing inside - they have never been worn!! Got them for £2 in the new charity shop - bargain!!
After lunch we went home, emptied car of shopping and seat, dropped Grace at her Granny's for the night and headed off again. Hit Asda with a vengeance. The reduced to clear sections are now bare LoL. I have managed to fill my freezers with meat, bread, all sorts. I got 2 large loaves, 2 half loaves, rolls, potato bread and baps for £5!!!!!! The whole lot came to £55, and we reckon that will do us for at least 2-3 weeks.
After a visit to the in-laws and some dinner, we headed out to Donaghadee to buy a chest freezer. While Owen and the man of the house hauled it into the car the lady invited me in - and she had 2 pet rattys!! Elvis and Sunny - they were so gorgeous! I got a big cuddle with Sunny and could easily have taken him home, they were so lovely.
So home eventually (via reduced to clear in Tesco - that's my veg for the next 2 weeks sorted!!) to find I won my Ebay auction for a job lot of baby stuff :) By the start of next week we will have everything here and be ready to start making nappy cakes!! It's very exciting but kinds scary too....

No comments:

Post a Comment