Saturday 2 May 2009

Not blogged for a long time

Just seems like when I've had something to say I've had no time, and when I have had the time I have nothing to say.
There has been progress in the employment department. We now officially have taxi insurance on the car and it has been wired up for the sign, radio and meter. The fire extinguisher is installed and the local mechanic is booking his fortnight in Torremolinos since we had the work done to bring it up to scratch. Now all we are waiting for is a date for the PSV test - then my beloved will finally realise his dream of having his very own taxi. I really REALLY want this to work out for him; he has wanted it for such a long time.
On the home front, DeeDee laid her second clutch of eggs about a week ago. They are cooking away in the incubator and hopefully will hatch around mid-June. The first two are looking very bad though. I don't think they are fertile, but I have left them in the incubator for now just in case. I think it may be too humid in there so am going to have a look at it tonight and try to sort it out.
The vivarium build/conversion project is progressing slowly. The shelves have been secured and sealed with silicon aquarium sealant. I'm hoping to get the chance to play with my dremel on Monday to tidy up the back - the screws were longer than the depth of the backboard so the ends are sticking out. After that I need to drill the holes for the vents before I take the lot to the glaziers to get runners and doors fitted. Unfortunately I can't get it glazed until hinself is working, so I will have to busy myself with making bits and pieces like hides until then.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to Owen for his test, I didn't know you need a PSV licence to drive a taxi! I have a PSV licence to drive coaches and buses, it's now called a PCV licence. Ilona

    ReplyDelete