Monday 24 August 2009

Making Christmas 2009

Firstly, welcome back to my blog. I have been somewhat neglectful of late. Ho hum. But I'm back now.
Preparations for Christmas are officially in full swing. No, this isn't an old post from last year, and I have not lost my marbles either. I have started Making Christmas. The craft fair is early this year, 22nd November, so I don't actually have much time to get stuff ready. It's a serious business this year - I have even re-arranged the furniture in the living room and kitchen to give me a much bigger crafting area with a lot more storage.
I have been making a lot of cards. They are mostly Christmas cards, but have made a few others, like birthday cards and thankyou cards so I don't get bored doing the same thing all the time. I have definitely rediscovered my crafty mojo - it deserted me for a while. My new "thing" is stamping - which works in rather nicely with the card making. I'm really enjoying experimenting with the different inks, and layering the cards, and colouring the images...I'm bidding on a heat gun with embossing powders on eBay , currently winning the lot for just £6!! Really hope I get it, I'm dying to try heat embossing. I saw it on one of the shopping channels ages ago and have wanted to try it ever since.
I've been looking at other crafty pursuits I can indulge in all in the name of Christmas. I think a lot of family and friends will be getting home made or semi-home made gifts this year. I'm planning on trying some mini Christmas cakes for the craft fair, pyjama cases for Grace and Joshua, fruity vodkas for assorted male cousins, girls night in baskets for the females and various other hand made sweets and treats, as well as flavoured oils and vinegars. I'm also making Grace a recycled art kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment