Sunday 30 August 2009

Live at the Castle






What a weekend!!



Friday night we packed up our raincoats and folding chairs and headed into Carrick on the train. We arrived just just in time to see Imelda May's set. It was well worth seeing, she was really good.



Next on stage was Paul Carrick, of Mike and the Mechanics fame. His set was good too, but soon it was time for the main event of the night - Jools Holland and his Rythm and Blues Orchestra!




They were absolutely brilliant, despite the fact that it was utterly freezing! He has a few special guests with him, but it was Ruby Turner who really stole the show - even Aaron was very impressed.




Saturday night was far less refined!! It kicked off with an excellent set by Tin Lizzy - a brilliant Thin Lizzy tribute band who are even endorsed by Philomena, Phil Lynott's mother. They were the hilight of the weekend for Aaron, but I decided it was time to relax with a pint of cider.


I had good reason to conserve mysef. The long-awaited moment was fast approaching - Hayseed Dixie were due on next. Aaron and I managed to muscle ourselves into the third row from the front of the stage, so we had a perfect view.



They did all my favourtie songs, including Walk This Way, Fat Bottomed girls and I'm Keeping Your Poop In A Jar - I think I was the only one who knew the words and sang along to that one!!


After that, the cider started to kick in. Except for me, I only had the one hahahaha. And looking back at the pics from when Status Quo finally hit the stage, I'm glad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment