Sunday 18 January 2009

Storms and the garden

We went to B&Q today to get a new shed. the one that came with the house is one of those tin things, and the high winds last night blew it to bits. I had seen a nice wooden one for £105 online in their sale, so went for a nosey. While the very helpful salesman was off checking when we could get on ordered in for, we spotted 2 plastic ones reduced from £129.99 to £75. We worked out the dimensions and it is 3cm shorter than the wooden one. Well, I'll happily trade 3cm of height for £30 less money spent!
So we had so squeeze it into the car - thank god we have a 7-seater!! There goes my day off this week - I'm gonna be shed building!!
We also lost a big chunk out of the back fence in the winds. It's not our fence so we dont have to worry about fixing it, but it does make our garden open to 3 or 4 others which border it - and one of those has the scary dogs. Poor Jessdog is not impressed at being supervised now - she'd much rather be left to it to run around for ages on her own, not hustled back indoors as soon as she's had a pee!! On the plus side I'm going to ask if I can have any of the bits that are too broken to be put back up as fencing to go towards making my raised beds. I also spotted some huge wooden crate-type things on a very isolated farm on my way to work the other morning. I'm going to go back and see if any are going spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment