Thursday 19 March 2009

First shed



Since the geckos came along, my morning routine has changed somewhat. The wait til grace wakes/change nappy/get back into bed together and roll around tickling each other for half an hour while watching Balamory on iPlayer is still pretty much unchanged. but now when we head downstairs, I do not check my emails with a leisurely coffee (milk and 2 sugars for future reference) No, as soon as Grace is munching her cereal I do Egg Check. I go into the viv, gently check all the hides and nooks and crannies to see if DeeDee has laid. Then I try to tempt her to eat a waxworm as a treat because I don't think she is eating much at the moment.
This morning I was excited because Mo has been coming up to shedding his skin. Last night just before bed he looked very white, and I could see a tiny hole in the old baggy skin under his leg - you can just see it in the first photo behind his front leg.
This morning when I looked to see how he was doing, and he looked like a hoodie!!
He was NOT in a good mood so I popped his hide back and left him to it. A further check an hour or so later and he only had his tail left to go, and my dinner time just one foot. By bedtime he still has skin stuck on half a toe so I got a cotton bud soaked in water and helped him ease it off. Am now very proud of both myself and Mo - first big gecko event went very smoothly for both of us! Now it's back to egg watch........

No comments:

Post a Comment