Saturday 7 February 2009

Dumplings

As promised, here are pictures of my dumplings.
First I softened a chopped onion in a little bit of oil, then chucked in the mince and browned it. Next I put in some Worcestershire sauce and a bit of dried parsley, and some stock (made from a stock cube and boiling water!!) When it had all simmered for a while I added some carrots and frozen peas, and thickened the gravy with some cornflour. I put the mince into a casserole dish. I made the dumplings according to the recipe on the side of the Atora suet box, rolled the mixture into balls and popped them on top of the mince. The whole lot went in the oven at 200 until the dumplings looked ready.





See?? They look done to me LoL I served them with some boiled potatoes. Grace enjoyed her share - and then came and sat on my knee and ate my share too!!



No comments:

Post a Comment